Friday, February 11, 2011

Laundry List of Complaints

I am about to list all of the reasons that my ex-boyfriend has been able to get on my last nerve for the year and some months that we were dating, and even now that we've broken up. Now I understand that some people would say that this is too mean or going too far. However the way I see it, no one will ever know who I'm talking about, and perhaps boys who are reading this will not make the same mistakes with the same kind of girl.

-He never introduced me to any of his friends. Ever. Now this made me think a) he didn't have any friends or b) he was embarrassed to be with me.

-He waited for months and months and months to take me to meet his family because he didn't want to have to drive me home. Are you kidding me.

-He could not take a hint. And I know that boys are bad at picking up on things but I mean these things were INCREDIBLY obvious.

-He could not be spontaneous. Not ever. He always had to have a plan. But he couldn't be the one to make the plan.

-He also could not try anything new. No new restaurants, no new dishes at the same restaurants, no new activities, no new dates (he wouldn't even go on a double date with one of my best friends), and no new other things as well.

-He was always focused completely 100% on his sport. I understand that he was in a competitive sport and it was important to him, but so was I. And he would never even consider skipping training, but he would get frustrated when I wouldn't skip training.

-He never wanted to do anything risky. And I don't mean risky like something that could get us hurt, but he didn't want to do anything that he didn't have permission to do.

-He tried to pressure me into very personal decisions. Such as medical decisions.

-He was always telling me about some girl or another who had checked him out or who had asked him out. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

-He was always complaining about my sport. Always. Just because I complain about it sometimes doesn't mean that you have any right to. Same goes for my family.

-He was into doing things that were so very cliché and he didn't ever want to just opt out of something like Valentines Day which I happen to hate.

-He always wanted to be very touchy in public. In front of anyone and everyone. My friends, my family, my coaches, my teachers, my coworkers, my boss, strangers. I just felt like it was so weird.

-He didn't take it seriously when I broke up with him.

-Several days after we broke up, he decided that it was alright to go behind my back and hang out with one of my best friends. I later found out by stopping up at her house without calling. And I walked into them watching a movie together. Just WOW.

-He now feels the need to tell me all about the girl he is planning on asking out and what they talked about today and how they hugged the other day and how great she is doing at her sport. Again, I really don't want to know. Nor do I care.

-He still thinks that he needs to give me advice on my life, even when I don't ask for it.


Now I completely understand that he probably has a few complaints about me himself, but some of these things should just never, ever be done. So for all the boys in the world, please please please do not put your girlfriends or ex-girlfriends through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment