Thursday, February 10, 2011

College Stress

So I have been asked a lot lately about what I'm going to do for college, and the truth is I HAVE NO IDEA.

First of all, I need to know what I want to major in, or at least a subject that I'm interested in so that i can select a college that fits what I want. Also I need to look at where i want to live. And i need to take the required standardized tests. And I need to do more community service. And I need to think about applying for scholarships. And I need to learn about writing the essays. And I need to figure out who I'm going to ask for recommendations. And I should appear to be a more well-rounded person. And I need to decide whether or not I should do interviews. And I need to go and visit the colleges that I'm interested in (once I find them). And I need to go through the actual application process. And I should probably start thinking about the rest of my life. All the while I still need to get good grades to graduate from high school and make up for missing credits and be successful and have things that I can tell colleges about myself. And during this time I'd still like to have a social life.

So the point is if you ask me about my plans for college, I might just hyperventilate then pass out because it's a lot to figure out. And with the added pressure of expectations and aspirations, it all becomes just a huge mess in your mind that will eventually melt into a giant puddle that will drown out any other thoughts that i might have. So please, don't ask me about college.

No comments:

Post a Comment